I am a seasoned trainer, with 35 years of sectional title hands-on experience (trustee, owner, investor, trainer) and a solid understanding of the ST legislation.
I offer training via Zoom which makes it easy for you to
-fit it into the schedule that SUITS YOU
-to afford it
-participate anywhere in South Africa
Classes small; Opportunity to interact. Workbooks supplied; many actual examples provided
My focus is to provide you with a basic understanding. I do not overwhelm you with information, but you gain an overview which provides a foundation on which to build further knowledge,
Although the training is similar for all, it can be slanted to the special interests/needs of the different delegates e.g. owners/aspiring trustees; people who work in insurance, estate agents, support staff in managing agency offices
The training takes approximately 6 hours, over a couple of sessions. Maximum of 3 per Zoom class for a total fee of R1500 for 6 lessons.
A Basic introduction to the Sectional Title legislation
Why this basic introduction to the sectional title legislation is important:
- The opportunity for misappropriation of BC funds increases when there is a lack of involvement and understanding by the owners and trustees.
- Trustees do not require a minimum entry level of training on ST law to be nominated/elected,
- Trustees have strict fiduciary duties and governance with which they have to comply.
- Without being empowered, you don’t know your rights or how to deal with issues
- Owners pour a lifetime of earnings into a ST property- they need to know their rights, duties, and responsibilities.
- An estate agent’s lack of knowledge can hold up transfers, cause CPA issues and create mistrust and ruins reputations. Information helps service delivery and will assist with compliance with the Property Practioner’s Bill,
- Service providers to the industry e.g. Auditors and those working with ST insurance, would benefit from background knowledge to increase their level of service
- Support staff in managing agency offices, need to be up-to-speed to be of assistance and keep the business professional at all times.
What this training is not
- A font of all knowledge
- A quick fix to your ST problems
- An advice forum
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER , and ignorance of the law is no excuse!
A BASIC INTRODUCTION TO THE “NEW GENERATION” SECTIONAL TITLE LEGISLATION effective from 7 October 2016 –
INDEX of TOPICS
Aspects / definitions of ST
Comparison Sectional Title & HOA
Developers Right to extend
Ownership in a scheme
Owners – duties/responsibilities
Quiz – how much do you know?
Role Players in ST
ST form of ownership
Working more effectively with managing agents
© S Baillie and Associates 2018